Applied Physics Systems is always interested in experienced electrical and mechanical engineers with specific experience in oil field applications, sensors (magnetic and accelerometers), and high temperature, high vibration electromechanical systems, and high end assemblers with experience in high temperature solder assembly and complex calibration procedures.
Scroll down for more information on current positions. To apply for a position, click on the APPLY NOW button and complete the Job Application form.
Applied Physics Systems, located in Sunnyvale, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance magnetometers, directional sensors, and electronic systems used in oil and gas exploration and scientific applications.
We are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our team!
- Design and build control boards and electrical systems for new product systems
- Create detail schematics and documentation for boards and systems and support those parts through fabrication.
- Assemble, debug and test electrical systems and boards
- Take responsibility for assigned projects from inception to completion
- Generate and conduct formal verification and validation plans of completed designs.
- Actively participates in the transfer of products from R&D into manufacturing
- Continued improvement of product design and design process
- Some travel will be required
- Bachelors in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience
- Experience in a broad range of analog circuits; e.g., signal conditioning, communications, power conversion
- Solid understanding of circuit design fundamentals
- Ability to design, assemble, test and debug circuit boards and electrical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with schematic capture, pcb layout and circuit simulation tools
- Strong work ethic and team player attributes
- PCB layout experience for low noise and grounding for EMI reduction
Job Description | Engineering Manager
To plan, develop and design activities in commercial downhole tools used for testing in the oil and gas exploration field, manage customers, technology partners and projects. Knowledge of designing in operating MWD drilling equipment, and mud pulse telemetry required.
Travel may be required to work on projects at various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
Your required education is a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Management with five years’ experience in oil and gas industry.
Please send your resume to our HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunnyvale, CA. 94089