Applied Physics Systems is a leading manufacturer of sensors and systems used in oil field,
industrial and scientific applications. We design and engineer all of the products we supply.
Our primary products are directional sensors, magnetometers and downhole drilling sensors
History: Applied Physics Systems was founded in 1976 by Bill Goodman and for over
thirty years has developed expertise in the design and manufacture of magnetometer
sensors. In the last fifteen years, Applied Physics has developed and expanded its
products for drilling systems, electrical, mechanical, and computer software systems.
Applied Physics Systems is a leader in the manufacture of magnetic field measuring
equipment, including fluxgate magnetometers and clip-on milliammeters. We also
manufacture a broad line of angular orientation measuring sensors, including steering
sensors for directional drilling applications and miniaturized sensors for general purpose use.
In addition to our standard products, APS conducts contract research for other organizations
in the fields of its expertise. APS can design and build modified versions of our instruments
as well as completely new instruments to solve your needs for magnetic field measurement,
orientation sensors, steering tools and clip-on milliammeters.
APS is also a world leader in the design and production of Rock Magnetometer systems
and accessories. These systems are produced in partnership with William S. Goree, Inc.
and are sold under the 2G Enterprises name. 2G has its own web site with complete
information on the instruments offered: http://www.2GEnterprises.com
APS has expanded into its new, state-of-the-art production facilities in Sunnyvale, California.
Our new address is 281 East Java Drive, Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
Applied Physics Systems has begun field tests in North America of our new Model 600
Near Bit Sub. Designed to be run with the AP-250 EM MWD System, the Model 600
comes in 5” and 6.5” sizes, both with a length of 36”. On-board sensor and electronics
packages provide inclination, azimuthal gamma, vibration, and rotation data, all transmitted
wirelessly to the AP-250 EM MWD System located above the power section of the BHA
where it is then transmitted to the operator on the surface via EM telemetry.
Field testing is expected to last 30-60 days with a commercial product release to follow
upon successful completion.
We're hiring. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about the
following positions. Include JOB INQUIRY and any reference information in the subject field.
All resumes should be in PDF format. Applied Physics Systems is an EEO Employer. M/F/D/V
We’re looking for experienced Electrical and Mechanical Engineers with specific experience in
oil field applications, sensors (magnetic, accelerometers), and high temperature/high vibration
We’re looking for high-end assemblers with experience in high temperature solder assembly
and complex calibration procedures.
This person designs, develops, analyzes, documents and supports testing of mechanical portions of APS products. This person interacts with engineering and customers to establish product requirements for new products, and works with suppliers and factory for DFM review prior to releasing the designs.
- Skilled SolidWorks user
- Experienced in the use of Geo-Dimensioning and Tolerancing interpretation according to the ASME Y14.5M (1994) standards
- Knowledgeable in statistical tolerance analysis and finite element analysis.
- Strong mechanical design background with manufacturing and machine shop experience
- Knowledge of metals and ability to conduct performance tradeoffs in selection of material for each application
- Good oral and written communication with the ability to interact with assembly and machine shop/vendor personnel
- Creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in difficult situations
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Design experience in Oil Field applications a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 5 - 10 years of relevant experience in product development.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Software Test Engineer
Applied Physics Systems is looking for a Software Test Engineer to provide software testing services in support of the engineering product development team.
You will be responsible for developing, updating and maintain testing toolsets, test cases, use case scenarios, working with developers to diagnose application problems, supporting production environments and maintaining test and systems plans, scripts and documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and complete problem report in a detailed manner.
- Write automated test scripts, test plans, test cases and test procedures.
- Write and maintain test scripts based on requirements or test cases received.
- Must be able to perform requirements analysis and apply technical knowledge to design, write test plans, execute and debug test cases.
- Must possess the ability to integrate the whole picture including Functional, Regression, Stress, and Load Testing.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required with a Bachelor’s degree.
Must have proven experience with the various aspects of software testing such as equipment, inspection, code review, integration, verification, regression and acceptance testing.
Must be proficient with MS Office tools and MS Visual Studio.
A background in a hardware-software integration environment preferred.
Find out more about Applied Physics Systems and our products
at these 2014 trade shows:
IADC/SPE Drilling Conference
SPE - Offshore Technology Conf.
Global Petroleum Show
SPE Annual Technical Conference